Tuesday 21 May 2013

Recycling store bought vegetables

Since sowing certain vegetables from seed can be unpredictable, and I am determined to ensure my first season of gardening produces a small variety of edibles, I have looked to other methods of growing.

Regrowing cut vegetables is something that we came across not long ago in an article and I thought it was a fantastic way to reduce waste, get more greens and save money!

It's a very simple method at absolutely zero cost! Cut vegetables the way you usually do to cook and put the bottoms in water. 

Cut ends of pak choi, fennel, and celery

I have done it with pak choi, fennel and celery. In over a week, new shoots will start growing.

Regrown pak choi

Regrown celery

And then it's time plant them in soil. 
(The fennel is still slowing growing but not yet photo worthy)





Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment