Wednesday 17 April 2013

Plants from Portugal

Every time I go to Portugal I take the opportunity to collect as many plants as I can. Previously, I only brought back indoor plants but now I can go a little crazy and get outdoor ones! Of course I have to limit myself so I only brought back edible producing plants.

The previous owners left some strawberry plants but I couldn't resist bringing back more especially a different variety. 

Strawberry plants

Raspberry plants were such exciting find. These were in our aunt's garden which no one in her family are that keen on and she thought they were something else when she planted them! She says they fruit 3 times a year, always too much fruit for their need and grows like a messy weed. All things I don't mind if they produce anything edible.


Raspberry plants

Bay is another we brought back. I've considered buying a bay tree as we do use bay leaves in cooking, so it was a great joy to find that my in-laws had some in their garden from wind blown seeds and they didn't want them. For such little plants, they had very long and strong roots!


Bay trees 

So I've potted all these up and we'll see how they fair over the next few months.


Potted strawberry plants

Potted raspberry plants




Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment